Saturday, April 28, 2012

My Expectations

I leave for Germany in 3 days and I haven't started packing (whoops).  Three words that sum up how I feel right now would be anxiousness, nervousness, and excitement. I've never been to Europe and I've never been on a trip this big before.

I know once I get there I'm going to be reserved but once I get comfortable with talking to people I'm confident I'll end up wishing I had opened up sooner. It's all part of the adventure process though. I expect this trip to be an eye opening and almost cathartic experience that opens up my eyes to all the new things in the world I have yet to see. I'm excited to bond with a great group of people and to explore a new world.

I'm excited that I'm going to be keeping a personal journal and that we're all going to be blogging during the trip on here. The fact that I'm going to be able to see professional operas is something I'm really looking forward to.

Besides losing all of my belongings, my greatest fear is that I'm going to forget to internalize every moment on this trip. I know the three weeks is going to fly by very quickly and I want to get the most out of anything I can.

I'm so excited for this trip to happen. I'm excited for the new me that will emerge after all the workshops, performances, and people I meet. After talking about this trip for so long it's finally happening. So here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment