Sunday, April 29, 2012

Pre-trip thoughts


This trip won’t be my first time in Germany, or Munich for that matter, so while I already know a bit about what to expect in the way of food, travel, scenery, etc., I have not yet really been introduced to the theater or artistic scene.  I am excited to immerse myself in some new aspects of German culture and use the opportunity to discover things about these subjects as well as about myself.

I expect this trip to feel more productive than most of my previous European travelling.  It looks like we will have lots to do, but I know it will be rewarding.  The living situation is also different from what I have experienced.  While this trip is structured and scheduled, it will require more independence and responsibility than the family and school trips I have been on before.

Another thing I am really excited about is getting a chance to further improve my German.  I know from my brief exchange in Tübingen that three weeks of immersion can go a long way.  My German was nowhere near as strong as it is now on my last visit, so I am looking forward to using and building on the language skills I have acquired over the past semester.

That being said, there are some things I am nervous about, mainly the drawing and painting.  This is something that is new to me in every way, not just in Germany, so I’m not sure what to expect at all.  I hope that after some practice I can gain some confidence in this area, and perhaps it will help me with the identity aspect of the trip, which I am also a bit uncertain about.

In general, though, I expect this to be a fun, exciting, and educational journey.  I haven’t even left yet but I already feel like it’s going to end too soon! 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment