Monday, April 30, 2012

Pre-Trip Thoughts from Roxy!

On Saturday, I graduated from the University of Michigan. Yesterday, I moved out of my home of two years. And tomorrow, I leave for Munich. To call the past week a whirlwind would be an understatement.  But I cannot think of a better way to go out of undergrad with a bang than through this trip to Munich. In the fog of everything that has changed in only a few days, one major excitement is crystal clear.

I am stoked for Munich. I went to Berlin in 2010 with German Theater, and it ended up being one of the most amazing experiences of my life. I can't wait to do it again in another awesome German city. My goal is to have even more fun and learn even more!

In terms of expectations, well...who knows. I know one thing: The weather is going to be pretty rainy and gray the first week. I am crossing my fingers that it will get sunnier so I can romp around the alps and explore the streets of Munich to their fullest. But, of course, rain and gray will not stop me from living each moment on this trip to the fullest.

I expect to see lots of amazing theater, learn more about the area and culture from Janet and our guides, and have fun. I also expect the best kind of exhaustion. I expect to learn more about art and writing...I am setting my creative juices into gear so I can fill up my hand-made journal with memorable musings.

But, overall, I try not to expect - and rather just go in with an open mind and ready heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment