Friday, May 18, 2012

Back in the City/Reflections on Fuessen

We have just returned to Munich after a lovely week of relaxing in the Alps and letting the creative juices run without the hustle and bustle of the city.  Fuessen was wonderfully refreshing, with beautiful mountain views and clean, clear air.  It inspired me to practice my newly discovered painting skills (still definitely in progess, but I made something I liked better than what I produced in our earlier workshop.)  The slow-paced life of a more rural area of Germany gave me the patience to really take the scene in and be able to somewhat recreate what I saw.  Our awesome accomodations in Fuessen complete with kitchen and comfortable living area also helped to bring our group closer together, especially since we got to make special group meals and things like that.  To be honest, I was sad to leave, but the show we saw this evening was a wonderful re-introduction to the city!  "Intimate Stranger" at the Schauburg was by far my favorite piece that we have seen so far.  It was simultaneously hilarious and beautiful.  The combination of the music with the choreographed scenes had a surprisingly moving effect even in the midst of all of the goofiness, and several members of our group and I had the good fortune of enjoying front row seats!  That was really exciting, and it was the first show that has left me feeling completely engaged throughout, and that I would be willing to see again.  It has also gotten me really excited for our remaining time in Munich, and I can't wait to see what the next few days have in store!

-Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment